Saturday, October 27, 2012

Harvest Gratitude

  So is everyone running around getting ready for hurricane Sandy?  We filled up the car gas tanks, got an extra propane tank for the grill and put away all the stuff that was out in the yard.  We don't really expect much besides some wind and rain here in Glen Allen but we're prepared nonetheless!  I hope you all will stay safe!  I'll be spending some time in the stamp room I'm sure but for now I'll share one of the cards my ladies made this past week at my stamp-a-stack.

  The base is Naturals Ivory.  Then we used another piece of Naturals Ivory which we heat embossed the medallion from Day of Gratitude on.  The new Early Espresso embossing powder (in the Holiday catalog) is a wonderful color to use when black might just be, well, too black.

  3 squares from the Orchard Harvest DSP are layered towards the bottom of the embossed panel and then a length of ribbon is knotted around it.  In this photo I used 3/8" taffeta ribbon since I didn't have any of the Early Espresso stitched grosgrain when I made this sample.  My ladies used the stitched grosgrain which I think goes better with the feel of this card.

  The sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso and then punched out with the Decorative Label punch.  Another Decorative label was punched out of Island Indigo cardstock and then trimmed and layered behind.

  Finally the top panel was adhered to the base using dimensionals.

  Stay safe....Here comes Sandy!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Day of Gratitude

Ink: Versamark, Early Espresso

Paper: Naturals Vanilla, Island Indigo, Orchard Harvest DSP

Accessories: Early Espresso e.p., ribbon, dimensionals, Decorative Label punch

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely - your friend did a very good job! Sure hope you stay safe - I'll be thinking about you and your family. Check in now and then, okay? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!