Thursday, October 18, 2012

Birdbath Birthday

  Is everyone gearing up for the weekend?  We just need to make it through Friday and we're golden right?  I hope that you have some fun things planned.  We have several things on our agenda so I'm sure the weekend will go quickly. 

  My card today is one that I made several weeks ago for my mother-in-law when she asked if I could make her a stack of cards for some upcoming birthdays she needed to recognize.  I used this Mojo Monday sketch from September.  I didn't get it photographed in time to enter it but it was great to have a starting point.  My mother-in-law needed about 10 cards and I only had a few in my stash that would fit so I had to come up with some new designs....I didn't want them all to look alike!


  No crazy techniques or anything on this card.  Just some faux stitching around the edges.  The image panel and the one behind it are cut with the Windows Framelits and I just offset the panels for some added interest.  The scene was colored with inkpads and an Aquapainter.  I used the Owl punch for the 2 small hearts and added 2 Vintage Trinket brads to the banners. 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: For the Birds

Ink: Stazon   For Watercoloring: Lucky Limeade, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango

Paper: Crumb Cake, First Ed, DSP, Island Indigo, watercolor paper, Rose Red, Regal Rose

Accessories: piercing template, Windows Framelits, Vintage Trinkets, circle punches, Owl Punch, corner rounder

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks for explaining the details. I love the heart/circle tags. Very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love all the details with the hearts at the top and the stitching at the top.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!