Friday, September 1, 2023

Kindness in Fall - Stampin' Up! Timeless Arrangements

   If you saw the card I shared yesterday I said it was one that I was trying out to see if it would work for a class but it ended up being too much die cutting.  Today I'm sharing the design that I did end up using for class which is similar but also much more class friendly!


   I knew I wanted to use the Timeless Arrangements bundle and I loved the colors from yesterdays card so those were where I started with for this design.  Yesterdays card had like 10 different die cuts plus embossing and I cut that down to 6 cuts with all but one of of the die cuts being able to be run through the die cutter at one time.  So much easier for a class project!

  This one starts with a Lost Lagoon base in which we blended Lost Lagoon ink with a mask (stencil).  This design is retired but there are 2 current sets in the annual catalog that can be substituted.  I just haven't gotten either of them yet.

  Next I stamped the sentiment in Pretty Peacock onto Very Vanilla card stock.  Then I did all the die cutting of the leaves/sprigs with the different colors (listed below).  I did use some of the Pretty Peacock Soft Shimmer paper for those sprigs and I love how it's a subtle shine but is perfect for an accent on this card.

  After getting all the die cuts sorted I adhered them to the back of the sentiment label.  The Timeless Arrangement dies are so great because the a lot of the sprigs are attached to a little "bar" of cardstock so you have some place to put your adhesive and it's not just tiny little stems you're working with.  I hope this style continues for sets that have smaller shapes; it really makes them easier to work with.  And the "bars" are easily trimmed off if you want to use the sprigs separately.

  To jazz up the color palette I added a narrow strip of More Dazzle Specialty paper and then adhered the whole shebang to the card front with dimensionals.  The final detail is the In Color Dot on the corner of the label.  It's in the Copper Clay color but is a very close match to the Cajun Craze used on the card.

  All of the current items used on this card can be purchased through my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Timeless Arrangements

Ink: Lost Lagoon, Pretty Peacock

Paper: Lost Lagoon, Very Vanilla, Petal Pink, Cajun Craze, Wild Wheat, Soft Shimmer Specialty paper, More Dazzle Specialty paper

Accessories: Timeless Arrangements dies, dimensionals, In Color Dots, mask/stencil (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!