Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Clean and Simple Star - Stampin' Up! Stars at Night

   I finally opened my new Stars at Night bundle to play along with the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge.  They want us to make a clean and simple card using Coastal Cabana, Lemon Lolly & Starry Sky.  I thought a nice detailed star on a clean background would be the perfect way to break in this set!


  I must have taken 20 photos of this card and this is the best I got!  The bright sun and stark white cardstock were working against me it seems!  I need to find that sweet spot in the day where the lighting is just perfect!  

  Anyway it is a clean and simple challenge so I kept the base white and then stamped the subtle starburst shaped stamp in Coastal Cabana right on the card front.  Next I stamped the large star in the fitting Starry Sky and then cut and embossed with the new Stars at Night Hybrid embossing folder/dies.  I colored in the open panels with my Lemon Lolly blends.

  Some mini dimensionals were the prefect size to pop the star up on top of the Coastal Cabana starburst.

  I wanted a small skinny sentiment right under the star and one from the Festive & Fun stamp set was just right.  I stamped it in Starry Sky and then added a few stamped off stars on each side in Coastal Cabana.

  And keeping with the CAS theme I added just a single tinsel gem in the center of the star for the embellishment.  

  This is definitely a design that would work for making multiples.  It's just detailed enough that it doesn't look plain but not so many steps that it's overwhelming!

  All of the products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Stars at Night, Festive & Fun

Ink: Coastal Cabana, Starry Sky

Blends: Lemon Lolly light & dark

Paper: Basic White

Accessories: Stars at Night hybrid embossing folder/dies, tinsel gem, mini dimensionals



5 comments:

  1. Amanda I would never have thought that these colours would work so well for a starry Christmas card, but they are perfect! The detail allows for slivers of contrasting colour and the single gem brings it all together. Thanks for playing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your christmas card in the non traditional colours, Amanda. And that star is a beauty! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful way to highlight this challenging colour combination! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous CAS card Amanda. Love how you've used the different colours in your star. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing Amanda! Love our challenge colors on your beautiful holiday star. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!