Thursday, September 7, 2023

Sleigh Ride Fun - Stampin' Up! Festive & Fun

  I've been having a terrible time lately creating anything that I like so I was just messing about yesterday trying to spark something with a variety of supplies and I created this card for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge. Can't say that I love the end results but hopefully I'm on my way to recovery because I didn't toss it right in the trash lol!


  I definitely struggled with all of that open space at the bottom of the sketch!  I started with a Lemon Lime Twist card base and stamped a few little stars in Granny Apple Green ink on the bottom portion to add something but keep it on the clean and open side per the challenge guidelines.  The star stamp can be found in the Merry & Bright stamp set.

  The animals are part of the Festive & Fun stamp set and are stamped in Memento black onto Basic White cardstock.  I stamped the image to the right side and up a bit from the bottom to leave room for the other elements of the sketch.

  I colored in the scene with Stampin' Blends markers trying to keep with colors that are in the Merry Bold & Bright DSP.  To tie the colors together with other parts of the card I used a narrow bit of the Merry Bold & Bright DSP along the left side of the panel and a strip of Pool Party along the bottom with the sentiment stamped on it in the same color ink (I would probably use black instead if I were to do this design again since the Pool Party is a bit light.)

  The last thing I added to the card front are a few Iridescent adhesive-backed discs sprinkled amongst the stars.

  All of the items used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Festive & Fun, Merry & Bright

Ink: Memento Black, Granny Apple Green, Pool Party

Blends: Gray Granite light & dark, Pool Party light & dark, Poppy Parade dark, Pecan Pie light, Lemon Lime Twist light & dark, Daffodil Delight dark

Paper: Lemon Lime Twist, Basic White, Merry Bold & Bright DSP

Accessories: Iridescent adhesive-backed discs



3 comments:

  1. What a fun image! I love it with the bit of patterned paper and the sprinkling of stars! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable this is! I love the Christmas lights! Thank you for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an adorable card and the image is so very sweet! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!