Friday, May 27, 2022

Songbird for Dad - Stampin' Up! Sweet Songbirds

   I am definitely getting a lot of mileage out of the Sweet Songbirds bundle since I got it with my demonstrator preorder.  I paired it up today with the colors from Color Throwdown.  The inspiration photo is awesome and we loved Schitt's Creek so I had to play along.  I thought the colors worked well for a Father's Day card.  I don't have many (any!) masculine themed stamp sets at the moment but having a few bird watchers in the family it seemed like a good direction to go in!


  I scoured my DSP and found 3 different patterns in the challenge colors that were of a similar scale and layered them on a piece of Basic White and then layered that on a Basic Black card base.

  The bird is stamped in Real Red and punched out.  The beak is punched from So Saffron cardstock and the feet are stamped in the same on a Stylish Shape circle backed in Basic Black.  A few music notes fill in the space to the side.

  The sentiment is stamped in Memento black onto Pool Party cardstock then cut apart and popped on dimensionals.  The embellishments are retired Pool Party baker's twine and some black Classic Matte Dots.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sweet Songbirds, Something to Celebrate (retired)

Ink: Real Red, So Saffron, Memento Black

Paper: Basic Black, Basic White, So Saffron, Pattern Party DSP (retired), Berry Delightful DSP (retired), Hand-Penned DSP (retired), Pool Party

Accessories: Songbird Builder punch, Stylish Shapes dies, Circle dies (retired), dimensionals, baker's twine (retired), Classic Matte Dots



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!