Monday, October 26, 2020

Winter Wreath - Stampin' Up! Snowflake Wishes

   This weekends weather was so wacky I didn't know if I should be getting my swim suits back out or hunkering down at home with long johns and wool sweaters!  Saturday was 80 and sunny and it was hot watching soccer games!  And then along comes Sunday and the temperature drops 30+ degrees and brought in rain and a bit of breeze.  Brrrrrr!  It was unpleasant watching soccer games on Sunday for sure.  It's still cool and damp this morning but luckily there are no soccer games to watch so I can stay inside and be warm!

  My card today combines 2 challenges; the layout is from CAS(e) This Sketch and I hope it's CAS enough for them...I feel like I restrained myself with the snowflakes and accessories but maybe not!  And the gorgeous colors come from the Color Throwdown Challenge.  

  The card base is Crumb Cake, then a layer of Cherry Cobbler and then an embossed layer of Very Vanilla.  The retired Winter Knit embossing folder is a nice cozy texture for winter cards.  I had a strip of 'Tis the Season DSP that was just the right width for the sketch so I used that next.

  To build up my wreath I first cut in Very Vanilla the wreath/medallion die cut from the Painted Labels dies.  The sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas is stamped in the center with Cherry Cobbler ink.

  I stamped a few snowflakes in Crumb Cake and Cherry cobbler then fussy cut them out and layered them at the bottom of the wreath along with a few Crumb Cake sprigs cut with the Curvy dies.  I popped the Cherry Cobber snowflakes with dimensionals and added adhesive pearls to the centers to all three.   The last detail is a gold twine bow.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snowflake Wishes, Itty Bitty Christmas

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake

Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, 'Tis the Season DSP

Accessories: Painted Labels dies, Curvy dies, Winter Knit embossing folder (retired), dimensionals, adhesive pearls, gold twine





2 comments:

  1. this is really pretty. love how you used the colors. thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly CAS from my view, Amanda!! and SO very beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with CTS!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!