Friday, October 16, 2020

Sparkle and Moonlight - Stampin' Up! Snowflake Wishes

   If today isn't a good day to stay in and stamp I don't know what is!  It's been raining cats and dogs here in Richmond all morning and I'm glad I didn't have any plans to go out.  After I get my daily blogging finished as well as a few chores I think I'll be getting cozy in my stamp room for the rest of the day.

  Right now I'm sharing a Christmas card I made using the color challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.  I've really enjoyed participating in these year long Christmas challenges to build up my stockpile.  I feel like I can be a little more creative and make some more time consuming designs when I see that Christmas is still a ways off on the calendar.  I don't put such pressure on myself to get them all done as fast as I can.  I loved the blue and kraft colors this time and set right to work.


   This photo really doesn't do justice to how sparkly this card is in real life.  I started with a Misty Moonlight card base then topped that with a piece of Crumb Cake with the corners rounded and stamped the larger snowflakes in Versamark then embossed them with the retired Shimmer White embossing powder.  I definitely think Stampin' Up! should bring back the black and white Shimmer embossing powders.  I use them all the time and will be sad when I've finished my little jars.  After embossing I stamped the smaller snowflake clusters in the open areas with white craft ink.  I tied a piece of the Misty Moonlight twill ribbon around the panel before adhering it to the card front.

  The Layering Oval dies made quick work of the base for my tree with the Whisper White one being embossed with the Winter Snow embossing folder.  The ovals are popped on dimensionals.

  The Tree Angle Christmas tree is stamped in Versamark on Misty Moonlight cardstock then also embossed with the Shimmer White powder.  I used the Stitched Triangle dies to cut it out, stamped a tree trunk in Crumb Cake and then popped them both on the oval base.

  I can't leave a Christmas tree naked on top so I dug in my scraps and got a piece of Dazzling Diamonds shimmer paper and cut an itty bitty star with the Stitched Stars dies and added it with a dimensional to the top.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snowflake Wishes, Tree Angle 

Paper: Misty Moonlight, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Dazzling Diamonds shimmer paper (retired)

Ink: Versamark, White craft, Crumb Cake

Accessories: corner rounder, Shimmer White embossing powder (retired), Layering Oval dies, Stitched Rectangle dies, Stitched Stars dies, Misty Moonlight twill ribbon, dimensionals



2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately glitter and shimmer is always very hard to photograph, if at all, but I am sure that your card is really beautiful! Thank you very much for playing along with us at 52CCT! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card :-))
    Thanks for joining at 52CCT. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!