Friday, October 30, 2020

Defined Modern & Vintage Birthday - Stampin' Up! Forever Fern

   I've held on to this card for a little bit before sharing as I wanted to make sure the birthday person got to see it first!  We always get my mother in law an annual pass at her local botanical gardens for her birthday gift and this year I wanted to match the card to the garden/plant theme.  I thought that the colors seemed a bit modern and were a nice contrast to the vintage dictionary page background.  I saw the colors on an ad for bedding and saved it for inspiration.

  I started with a Bumblebee card base and then a piece of Crumb Cake topped with a distressed and stamped piece of long retired Typeset DSP.  I stamped off the images several times before stamping the page and then I crumpled it up a few times before adhering to get a nice wrinkled and worn look.

  The Tasteful Label is Crumb Cake and is stamped with the speckled stamp from Forever Fern and then the edges are sponged.  The leaf sprigs are stamped in Bumblebee, Soft Sea Foam and Crumb Cake and sponged with Crumb Cake ink.  I popped them up with dimensionals on the label and added a Bumblebee twill ribbon knot.

  The sentiment is from Posted for You and is stamped in Crumb Cake on Soft Sea Foam cardstock and also sponged with Crumb Cake ink.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Forever Fern, Posted for You

Ink: Bumblebee, Soft Sea Foam, Crumb Cake

Paper: Bumblebee, Soft Sea Foam, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Typeset DSP (retired)

Accessories: Tasteful Labels dies, Forever Flourishing dies, Bumblebee twill ribbon, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!