Friday, October 25, 2019

Little Christmas Tree - Stampin' Up! Perfectly Plaid - Fab Friday 175

  Wow!  Fab Friday has reached challenge number 175!  I'm a bit proud to say that I've been on the design team since challenge number 1.  I hope we are continuing to inspire you with your stamping projects and stretching those creative muscles every other week.  I know that I am still having fun and can't wait to see what the next milestone will be!

  This time we have a sketch to try.  I had fun with this one!  It's a nice layout for putting together some smaller elements to create a focal point on a card.

 

  I had a lot of products I wanted to try to incorporate onto this card and I think I was pretty successful.  We just won't talk about all the card parts that are laying unused on my stamp desk!

 

  I started with a Coastal Cabana card base and then a layer of Whisper White embossed with the Winter Knit embossing folder.  Next is a subtle pattern in Coastal Cabana from the Let it Snow DSP.

  The tree is from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set and is embossed with white onto Pear Pizzazz cardstock.  It's punched out with the Pine Tree punch and then adhered to a Mercury Glass acetate circle.  It looks a bit like a snow globe doesn't it?  The Mercury Glass acetate is really cool and gives a great vintage vibe to a card.  Use it little bit as an accent or use a large piece to add that WOW factor.

  The sentiment from the same set is stamped in Pear Pizzazz and punched with the Tailored Tag punch.

  And for the final touch; some rhinestones colored with Stampin' Blends to decorate the sentiment and the tree top.  There isn't a Coastal Cabana Stampin' Blends so I used Bermuda Bay which is great match. 

  I hope you'll find some stamping inspiration in this challenge as well as in the other samples from the Fab Friday Design Team.  Please play along!  We'd love to see your card in the gallery.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Perfectly Plaid

Ink: Versamark, Pear Pizzazz

Blends: Bermuda Bay dark

Paper: Coastal Cabana, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Mercury Glass acetate, Let it Snow DSP

Accessories: Winter Knit embossing folder, white embossing powder, Layering Circles dies, rhinestones, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!