Friday, October 18, 2019

Hooray for Love - Stampin' Up! Sip Sip Hooray

 Happy Friday!  I hope you have lots of fun plans for the weekend!  I have some plans for stamping of course but also lots of time to relax and enjoy some nice fall weather.

  We were invited to an upcoming wedding and unfortunately it conflicts with another event so we aren't able to attend but I wanted to get a card made so we can send it to the happy couple after the big event.  I don't have to make very many wedding cards these days so it's fun to play around with some new stamps to see what I can come up with.

  I originally purchased the Sip Sip Hooray set as more of a Happy New Year set but it very much works for weddings and engagements as well.


  While this design is very much a clean card it's not exactly simple.  I'm actually surprised I pulled it off in one take not having to redo any of the elements.  I used a now closed Cas(e) This Sketch challenge and the current Global Design Project challenge is for a wedding or anniversary theme so I can definitely enter that one.

  This one starts with a Basic Black card base then a layer of the long retired Brushed Silver cardstock which I miss greatly and have been hoarding for years with the hope of Stampin' Up! bringing it back.  Next is a layer of Whisper White die cut with the Stitched Rectangles dies.

  I embossed 5 champagne flutes in silver, stamped some champagne in So Saffron and then added some of the new Shimmery Crystal Effects to each glass.  While the Crystal Effects was still wet I sprinkled a little bit of the Ice Stampin' Glitter over it for a bit more sparkle.  It did take a while for the CE to dry as I put it on pretty thick so just be careful that it's really dry before handling it too much.

  For the sentiment I cut out 3 layers for each element with the Well Written dies and used my fine tip glue pen to adhere them to make for a thicker more sturdy die cut.  After the glasses were dry I added the sentiment and finished off the 'bride' with a rhinetsone.

  I'm pretty happy with how this card turned out to be honest.  Sometimes what I envision doesn't come out at all.  This one is spot on to my vision!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sip Sip Hooray

Ink: Versamark, So Saffron

Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Brushed Silver (retired)

Accessories: Well Written dies, Stitched Rectangle dies, dimensionals, silver embossing powder, Shimmery Crystal Effects, Ice Stampin' Glitter, rhinestone


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!