Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Valentine Enchantment

  Lots of great stuff happening with Stampin' Up! today!  Today is the first day of the new Occasions Mini catalog....soooooo much great stuff in this one, especially for the Big Shot!  If you're one of my local ladies and didn't receive your mini catalog in the mail last month let me know and I'll get one to you.  If you're not local to me check out my sidebar to see the mini.  You definitely want to have this to browse through before we meet for January club.  Believe me your wish list will be a mile long!

  Also, check out Stampin' Up! on Facebook...they are giving away a FREE Digital Download until January 10th.  All you have to do is become a fan of Stampin' Up! on Facebook.  Check out their wall post from yesterday to get the link for the download.  This can be used in My Digital Studio or any other photo editing software.  Try out digital paper crafting today for FREE!  Gotta love free.  Thanks Stampin' Up!

  Today's project is another one I made for the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew.  We were to use hearts in a new way to us on a Valentine's Day project.  My card isn't the traditional colors for a Valentine's Day but it's a sweet one nonetheless!  The way I used hearts in a new way to me was to punch out the hearts with my Heart to Heart punch and then fold them in half the long way.  I adhered one side of each heart down to form a flower.



























  How cute are those flowers??  And the sky's the limit with the size of hearts you use to make your flowers....bigger hearts = bigger flowers!  I want to make a 12 x 12 shadow box heart flower for spring.

  You can see a few new Occasions mini products as well as upcoming Sale-a-bration (SAB) products used on this card.  The Designer Series Paper used on this card is a SAB offering this year.  Let me tell you...I LOVE this paper.  Every single design in the Everyday Enchantment assortment is awesome...I'm having a hard time deciding which side to use!  Guess I'll just have to get another pack!  The stamp used on the card base is also and SAB choice.  It's called Fresh Vintage and works great with the Everyday Enchantment DSP.  I stamped off the floral stamp twice before stamping the cardstock to get the faint image.

  Now check out some of these cool mini products...the big DSP label that the flowers are mounted on...that is made with the new Labels Collection Framelits.  They are awesome.  You get a set of thin dies that nest inside of each other so you have a variety of sizes that all layer together.  You can get this label shape as well as hearts!

  The center sentiment banner comes from a new set called Take It To Heart.  I just stamped my sentiment in it and then cut it out.  It's great for making a sentiment the highlight on a card.

  The last of the new items are these 8mm adhesive pearls.  You all know how much I love my adhesive pearls and rhinestones so you'll be seeing a lot more of these showing up on my projects in the future!

  If you'd like to play along with the Creative Crew get out those hearts and do something new to you with them and upload them to the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew gallery by using the keyword for this challenge: CCREW112HF.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Fresh Vintage, Take It To Heart, Delightful Dozen

Ink: Soft Suede

Paper: Pool Party, Everyday Enchantment DSP, Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral


Accessories: Heart to Heart punch, adhesive pearls, Labels Framelits

1 comment:

  1. I totally love this!!! How clever how you used your hearts!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #47 with a link back to your blog on 1-8-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Thanks and take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!