Monday, January 9, 2012

Sweet Gnome Congrats

 I made this card the other day combining the Mojo Monday sketch challenge and the ColourQ color combination.  I can't decide if I like this one or not....I love the sweet little paper pieced gnome but I think there might just be too much other stuff going on.  I also got to play with some new accessories so that was fun.


  The Colour Q challenge was to use Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz, Cameo Coral (retired) and Cool Caribbean (retired).  I never had any Cool Caribbean and have long since sold the Cameo Coral when it retired so I used the next 2 closest current colors; Pool Party and Calypso Coral.  I've been using those 2 a lot lately so I hope you aren't tired of the same old thing here on Did You Stamp Today?

  The back panel is embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and uses a length of Calypso Coral ruffled ribbon to bring that color to that side of the card which was looking a little bare before.  The banner strip is one of the new Twitterpated designs from the new Occasions Mini catalog.  I added the Congratulations banner and adhered it with a Sale-a-bration (SAB) designer printed brad.  I needed a congrats card but you could easily change it out to a birthday or Valentine's day sentiment.

  The Calypso Coral scallop circle is paper pierced on each scallop and I added a layered heart using the heart from the owl punch and the smallest heart from the Heart to Heart punch.  I added a small rhinestone as well.

  The gnome is stamped in Stazon on watercolor paper.  I paper pieced her hat and dress with Everyday Elegance DSP from the upcoming SAB catalog.  Have I said how much I love every one of the Everyday Elegance designs?  Her hair, skin, the grass and mushroom are all colored in using a blender pen and re-inkers.

  Last but not least I used the Stampin' Up! Big Shot adhesive sheets to make my own glitter heart sticker.  I added the adhesive to one side of the Calypso Coral heart so that the Dazzling Diamonds glitter would be evenly applied and I wouldn't have to mess with glue.  All I did was stick a small piece of cardstock to one side of the adhesive sheet, used the Hearts Framelits to cut my heart shape, peel off the backing on the adhesive and then smoosh (yup, that's the technical term!) the sticky heart into the Dazzling Diamonds. 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Gnome Sweet Gnome, Delightful Dozen

Ink: Stazon, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede (for hair and mushroom base)

Paper: Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, watercolor paper, Calypso Coral, Twitterpated DSP, Everyday Elegance DSP

Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, SU adhesive sheets, ruffled ribbon, Designer Printed brad, Heart to Heart punch, Hearts framelits, Owl punch, rhinestone, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, scalloped circle punch

1 comment:

  1. It's always fun to play with new stuff. I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!