Friday, January 13, 2012

Tall Snowman Thanks

  I can't believe it's already Friday!  Where has the week gone?  I hope you have have exciting plans for the weekend!  We have some plans but nothing too crazy.  I'm planning on spending some time in the stamp room to finish designing the projects for my January Stamp Club.  Local ladies- I need your RSVPs by Jan. 21 to reserve your spot!

  Today's card is another one I designed for after Christmas thank yous for family and online order thank yous for customers.  I used the Creative Crew January Sketch challenge for the layout.  You can see the challenge sketch here.

   Sorry for the weird photo on this one.  I couldn't seem to get it at the right angle.  I feel like lately my camera hasn't been cooperating with me.  Or most likely user error!

  The base of the card is Bashful Blue.  Then the Wild Wasabi layer that I cut with the new Edgelits dies for the cool scallop edge and then embossed it with the Houndstooth embossing folder.

  The snowman is stamped in Chocolate Chip and then colored with Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi and Chocolate Chip markers.  I added Dazzling Details to the scarf polka dots and the band on the hat.

   The sentiment is from Petite Pairs and is punched out and layered with circle punches.  I used a jeweled rhinestone brad on the sentiment since I hardly ever use them and they were just gathering dust.  Why buy something if you're not going to use it right?  There's no point in hoarding stamping supplies!

  Now please don't take this as a desperate plea for more comments but I was wondering if anyone has had trouble lately leaving comments on my blog?  Something isn't quite right and I can't figure out what might have changed.  If you've encountered a problem in the last month please let me know.  I can be contacted by going into "view my complete profile" under my photo at the top of the sidebar and then clicking on "contact me".  I want to be able to answer questions about projects but if people can't even leave the question in the first place that's a problem.  Thanks for your help!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: Snow Much Fun, Petite Pairs

Ink: Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip

Paper: Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Whisper White


Accessories: jeweled rhinestone brad, circle punches, scallop Edgelit die, Houndstooth embossing folder, Dazzling Details

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!