Monday, January 16, 2012

Birthday Roar!

  Did everyone have a good weekend?  Get lots of stamping done?  I did a little bit, mostly to get ready for my upcoming classes.  The boys and Matt have off today so my usual quite Monday morning is not to be.  Maybe tonight I'll get into the stamp room after it quiets down.

  Today I'm sharing a birthday card for a little boy.  A friend of ours turned 5 so here is the card I came up with for him.  I saw this pillowcase in Pottery Barn kids and I thought, "Hey, that would kind of look cool as a card!"  We get inspiration from everywhere don't we?



  I wanted to use the Dinoroar set to do the same idea.  I love these little dinosaurs!


 I used Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade since I thought they were pretty close to the inspiration piece and perfect for a boy.  I stamped the T. Rex and the sentiment in Stazon so the outline wouldn't run when I colored it in with a blender pen and reinkers.  Then I stamped the Triceratops in Lucky Limeade all around the T. Rex.  You can't really see it in the photo but I used Crystal Effects just on the green stomach part of the T. Rex.

  I used the Crop-a-dile to punch a hold through the layers and set the jumbo eyelet (retired).  I wrapped some twine through the hole and tied a knot.  I frayed the edges a bit just because.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Dinoroar

Ink: Stazon, Pacific Point, Lucky Limeade

Paper: Pacific Point, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White

Accessories: Jumbo eyelet (retired), hemp twine, blender pen

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Perfect for a 5 year old. I love how you showed the inspiration too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!