Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Creative Crew Twitterpated Romance

  We had a good lesson in our house yesterday afternoon...every 5 year old boy should know how much toilet paper is "too much".  Ryan came running out of the bathroom with a panic-y look and said, "Mommy, there's something wrong with the potty!!"  Sure enough when I went to look the water was rising close to the edge.  Out came the plunger and a fair amount of plunging ensued.   Once the situation was under control I looked at the "brand new that afternoon because I put it there because you can't trust a house full of boys to do it roll of toilet paper" and sure enough there was enough missing from it that I could definitely notice!  I think Ryan will be much more careful now....at least I hope he will!

  On to the fun stamping stuff!  Here is another one of my Creative Crew projects.  This one was to make a non-traditional card using our newest stamp set.  Now this was a bit of a challenge for me as since I had just received my Occasions Mini pre-order (one of the awesome perks of being a demo is to get to order new stuff a month before the catalog goes live to the public) and had about 5 sets to choose from!  The difficulties of my life right?  I chose the Bordering on Romance set since that's a little different than my usual style and the whole idea of a challenge is to get us out of our ordinary tendencies.


  I used a lot of new products on this card besides just the stamp set.  The DSP is Twitterpated, the ribbon the new 1/8" organdy ribbon that will come out for Sale-A-Bration, the die cut is the labels collection for the new Framelits and the detail at the bottom of the card is made with the new Edgelits dies.
 
  I embossed the small flowers on the Basic Gray with Whisper White embossing powder.  Then I embossed the larger flower stamp also in white on Whisper White cardstock.  I cut it out using the Label Framelit and then colored it in with a blender pen and reinkers.  I kept the heavier color to the center of the flowers and worked my way out.  I sponged the edges with Island Indigo and then popped it up on dimensionals the card base.                                          

 Remember, if you'd like to play along with this Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew challenge be sure to add the keyword CCREW112CF when you upload.  We'd love to have you join us!

 Thanks for looking.  May all your toilets stay unclogged today!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bordering on Romance

Ink: Versamark, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade

Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Twitterpated DSP

Accessories: Labels Collection Framelits, white EP, Adorning Accents Edgelits, 1/8" Lucky Limeade organdy ribbon, Whisper White satin ribbon

1 comment:

  1. So pretty. I love the color combo! Guess what?! I stamped today! So excited to be getting back into it-thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!