Friday, January 27, 2012

Framelits Heart Valentine

  Is everyone gearing up for Valentine's day?  Our family doesn't make a huge deal of it; no gifts or large ostentatious flower arrangements.  A few exchanged cards (of course!!) and a yummy steak dinner eaten in the dining room with the good china and crystal is our big celebration.  The boys think it's great fun to decorate the dining room and eat by candlelight!  I hope to find the time to make a few decorations but in the meantime here is a card that I made when I was designing the cards for my upcoming club meetings.  This one was cute I thought but it didn't make the cut as I wanted to use more of the new products from the Occasions mini.

 
  Isn't this a super fun set of colors?  I love the bit of Pumpkin Pie since it's kind of an unexpected color for Valentine's day.

  The base is Melon Mambo and then a layer of Basic Gray.  The fun comes in on the top panel.  I used the new Hearts Framelits to die cut 3 heart shapes in the Whisper White panel (the large heart, the orange heart and the Melon Mambo on on the bottom left).  One of the great things about the framelits are that you can place them anywhere on your cardstock....you're not limited like with punches where you can only reach the punch so far or in only a certain direction. 

  I used some Designer Series paper, textured cardstock and plain cardstock and layered small pieces of it behind the heart cut outs.  Then I used the Adorning Accents hearts embossing folder to emboss towards the bottom.  I wrapped a piece of 1/8" taffeta ribbon around the embossed part and then topped it with the sentiment punched with the Decorative Label punch.

  I added a few more hearts punched with the Small Heart punch and the Heart to Heart punch.  Gave a few of them some rhinestones and called it done.

  Go ahead and bust out your heart stamps, heart punches and get going on those Valentine's day cards.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Delightful Dozen

Ink: Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie marker (sentiment is colored in a bit)

Paper: Melon Mambo, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie textured, Subtles Collections DSP pack

Accessories: Hearts Framelits, Small Heart Punch, Heart to Heart punch, Adorning Accents embossing folder , 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Decorative Label punch, rhinestones

1 comment:

  1. Awww...your Valentine's Day dinner sounds delightful, Amanda! I think I'll surprise DH with something along those lines this year! What fun :) Love your card - those hearts are so cheerful! I like that they are all a bit different. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!