Thursday, June 16, 2022

Father's Day Fishes - Stampin' Up! A Fish & A Wish

   I'm playing along with the TGIF Challenges sketch with today's card.  It was a great layout for my first card with the A Fish & A Wish stamp set.  I didn't get it initially when the annual catalog was released but it was on my very next order.  I love that the punch punches 2 different fish; perfect for mixing and matching!


  Tahitian Tide is a really great pairing with Pacific Point and bringing in some Parakeet Party really makes for a fresh color combination!

  I started with a Crumb Cake base then a layer of Tahitian Tide, then another layer of Crumb Cake stamped with the little wave stamp and then embossed/die cut with the Stitched with Whimsy dies.

  For the cross panel of the sketch I stamped the seaweed stamp all the way across varying the height as well as the saturation of ink, stamping off once and twice to go with the full strength ink.

  Next, I stamped 3 fish in my colors and using the punch and my paper snips cut them out.  I added some punched fins and then popped them up with dimensionals over the seaweed.

  The Clear Polished Dots are perfect for little air bubbles so I added a few of those as the only embellishment.

  The sentiment from a retired set is stamped in Pacific Point.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: A Fish & A Wish, Itty Bitty Greetings (retired)

Ink: Tahitian Tide, Pacific Point, Parakeet Party, Crumb Cake

Paper: Crumb Cake, Tahitian Tide, Pacific Point, Basic White

Accessories: Fish Builder punch, Stitched With Whimsy dies, dimensionals, Polished Dots



1 comment:

  1. Always looking for fish cards. This is one I really like. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!