Friday, June 10, 2022

Candy Cane Wishes - Stampin' Up! Sweet Candy Canes

   After telling myself last week that I would start making Christmas cards using my July-Dec. mini catalog preorder I finally got around to it yesterday!  I kept it super simple with my first try with the new Sweet Candy Canes bundle and usde a clean layout from Freshly Made Sketches.


  The layout is perfect for the 2 tall candy canes!  I stamped one in Sweet Sorbet and Garden Green and then layered them with a Stylish Shape circle embossed with the sentiment and a strip of the Red Glimmer paper.  The only embellishment I used was a Sweet Sorbet baker's twine bow.

  The background panel is made using the large striped die that comes in the Candy Canes dies.  It's meant to cut a nice large diagonal piece but I decided to emboss with it instead giving a nice subtle striped pattern.  I think it works well like this for a bit of different use for the die.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sweet Candy Canes

Ink: Sweet Sorbet, Garden Green, Versamark

Paper: Pool Party, Basic White, Garden Green, Red Glimmer paper

Accessories: Candy Canes dies, Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals, Baker's Twine



1 comment:

  1. Those candy canes are totally perfect for the sketch. Never mind that I'm feeling pretty behind on the whole Christmas card thing now.... ;-) Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!