Thursday, June 2, 2022

Artistic in Gold - Stampin' Up! Uniquely Artistic

   I just found out that my demonstrator preorder for the upcoming July-Dec. mini catalog has been delayed so it won't be arriving today as expected so now I've got free time that I hadn't been planning on!  I was going have a good old time opening up everything and just thinking about all the creative possibilities.  Oh well!  I guess there isn't an excuse to not tackle some things on my to-do list!

  One of the to-dos is to share one of the cards we made at my class this week.  I wanted to give my stampers a chance to see how awesome the Uniquely Artistic set looks when the line image is embossed in gold.  It was also a great way to incorporate some of the new Distressed Gold Specialty paper.  It's a winning match for sure!


  This design starts off with a Gorgeous Grape base, then a layer of Coastal Cabana embossed with the new Fern embossing folder.

  Next, my stampers gently tore the edges off of a piece of Distressed Gold paper (you get 2 12x12 sheets for just $5!!! That's a great deal in my book!).  Next the leaf image is embossed in gold on a Stitched Rectangle.  

  Using re-inkers and water painters a small amount of the Gorgeous Grape, Coastal Cabana and Tahitian Tide ink is dabbed onto the image.  I didn't do any blending on my sample to avoid any muddying of the colors (Basic White cardstock isn't really meant for true watercoloring) and to keep them nice and bright.  Just a little ink is all that is needed.

  Once the image was finished being colored it was adhered to the Distressed Gold paper and is popped on the card front with dimensionals.  The sentiment from Go To Greetings is stamped in Gorgeous Grape, popped up and embellished with a gold trim bow.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Uniquely Artistic, Go To Greetings

Ink: Gorgeous Grape, Coastal Cabana, Tahitian Tide, Versamark

Paper: Gorgeous Grape, Coastal Cabana, Basic White, Distressed Gold Specialty paper

Accessories: gold embossing powder, Fern embossing folder, gold trim, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!