Monday, December 7, 2020

Gold & Black Christmas - Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Christmas

   I've been really inspired this past week by the challenge blogs that I follow.  It seems that every time I saw a new challenge posted I immediately had a card idea I wanted to try.

  My card today is inspired by the inspiration photo over at The Card Concept.  I loved the vanilla, black and gold look and thought I would give it a go.  I had to dig through some retired products to find what I was looking for but in the end I think I ended up with the style that they would consider Classy and Elegant.

  My card starts with a Very Vanilla thick card base, then a layer of Basic Black.  Next I dug through my DSP scraps and found this music note pattern from the retired This Christmas pack.  After looking through my current stamp sets I didn't really have any that jumped out at me for this challenge so I pulled out the looooonnnnggg retired Print Pattern background stamp and inked it up with gold ink and stamped it onto the DSP.  It's a perfect match to the diamond pattern in the inspiration photo.

  I embossed a strip of Basic Black with the Parisian Flourish embossing folder to pull in some texture.

  To make the gold Christmas ornament ball I cut a circle from gold Brushed Metallic cardstock.  To make the little hanger bit at the top I used the tip of the vase builder punch and trimmed it and adhered it to the back of the circle.  I added a doily to the back for a little extra detail.  I think it's leftover from a retired tag kit from a few years back??  The ornament is tied with a Very Vanilla baker's twine and popped on dimensionals.

  I cut a narrow strip of black glimmer paper to go across the ornament and then embossed and die cut the sentiment.

  This was a fun challenge to do and I feel virtuous for using up some retired stuff!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Itty Bitty Christmas, Print Pattern (retired)

Ink: gold, Versamark

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Brushed Metallic cardstock, Black Glimmer paper, This Christmas DSP (retired)

Accessories: Layering Circles dies, Vase Builder punch, Parisian Flourish embossing folder, doily, black embossing powder, Very Vanilla bakers twine, dimensionals



3 comments:

  1. I love the music paper behind your beautiful gold diamonds! So happy you played along at The Card Concept this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing you use some retired things, especially in this beautiful way! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I love the lovely patterned paper- nothing beats finding something retired that still has great use! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!