Thursday, December 3, 2020

Classic Christmas Greenery - Stampin' Up! Forever Fern

   It wasn't hard to play along with the TGIF Challenges this week which is Christmas.  It was hard to narrow down what sort of Christmas card I wanted to do though.  I decided to use some rustic wood DSP and do a more traditional greenery grouping with a bit of gold for some subtle shine.

  I started with a Mossy Meadow base and then added a layer of Merry Merlot.  I always like the Merry Merlot color but seldom reach for it for some reason.  It's a nice burgundy alternative to Cherry Cobbler and pairs well with Mossy Meadow.   On top of the Merry Merlot I used a piece of In Good Taste DSP in a nice rustic wood grain.

  I had a nice narrow strip of Brushed Gold Metallic cardstock so I used that and then layered my various stamped and cut sprigs on top and to the side.  I used some Pear Pizzazz cardstock and Mossy Meadow ink for 2 and then an all Mossy Meadow one.  The largest one in the back is cut from a piece of Heartwarming Hugs DSP for a bit of pattern.

  Next, the sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas is stamped in Versamark and embossed in gold.  I used the fancy circle die from the Tasteful Label dies for some extra detail.  A burlap ribbon flag was added behind to keep with the slightly rustic feel of the card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Forever Fern, Itty Bitty Christmas

Ink: Mossy Meadow, Versamark

Paper: Mossy Meadow, Merry Merlot, Pear Pizzazz, In Good Taste DSP, Heartwarming Hugs DSP, Brushed Metallic Gold cardstock

Accessories: Forever Flourishing dies, Tasteful Label dies, gold embossing powder, dimensionals, burlap ribbon (retired)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!