Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Christmas Snowstorm - Stampin' Up! Snowflake Wishes

   We had our first snow fall of the season on Monday.  It was pretty to look at and I enjoyed my morning walk to the park in it.  It was a nice change of pace to the sameness of every day.  At least I can feel ok with using my Snowflake Wishes set as once it snows for real it's winter right?

  My card today uses the fun color challenge at TGIF Challenges.   We're to use Highland Heather, Balmy Blue and Smoky Slate.  My card ended up a bit busier than I intended so that's why I'm calling it a snowstorm!

  The card starts with a Smoky Slate background.  Using the same color Stampin' Write marker I made lines across the card front for a fun striped look.

  On Whisper White I stamped all the snowflakes using the challenge colors with some being stamped off for a lighter looker.  I sponged the edge of the panel with Balmy Blue before adding 2 little strips of Snowflake Splendor DSP to the top and bottom and adhering it.

  The sentiment from Banner Year is embossed in silver onto a strip of Highland Heather cardstock.

  I had some fun with Glimmer paper and cut 3 different snowflakes and mounted them to Whisper White circles sponged with Balmy Blue.  All the snowflake circles are popped on dimensionals.

  It's a busy card but not hard!  You could make a whole sheet of the stamped snowflakes and cut them to make a variety of different designs.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snowflake Wishes, Banner Year

Ink: Smoky Slate, Balmy Blue, Highland Heather, Versamark

Paper: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Snowflake Splendor DSP, Balmy Blue Glimmer paper, Silver Glimmer paper (retired), Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper (retired)

Accessories: marker, So Many Snowflakes dies, Layering Circles dies, silver embossing powder, dimensionals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!