Monday, June 22, 2020

Rare Dad - Stampin' Up! Outdoor Barbecue

  Most of my Father's Day cards this year used retired stamp sets.  I finally had a few stamp sets that were perfect for the dad's in our family and they've all been retired.  I didn't get to use the Outdoor Barbecue set in any of my classes before the covid shutdown so my customers missed out on a few masculine designs I had planned going into spring.  I'm sure if you are desperate to find this set you can search around the internet for your own copy.

 


  I didn't realize how crooked the grill was until I went to photograph it.  By that time the dimensionals we down for good so just tilt your head a bit when looking at this one!

  The card base is the new In Color Misty Moonlight and I stamped the background in the same color ink.   I arranged some of the smaller stamps all on the same clear block for a nice even pattern.  Next, I embossed a strip of Real Red in the Brick & Mortar embossing folder.  I highlighted some of the bricks by coloring them with Real Red ink and a blender pen.

  The grill is stamped in Basic Gray and lightly colored with Stampin' Blends. It's fussy cut and them popped on dimensionals onto a Misty Moonlight/Whisper White background square.

  The sentiment is embossed in white on Real Red.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Outdoor Barbecue (retired)

Ink: Misty Moonlight, Real Red, Basic Gray, Versamark, Pumpkin Pie

Blends: Smoky Slate light, Crumb Cake light

Paper: Misty Moonlight, Real Red, Whisper White

Accessories: Brick & Mortar embossing folder, white embossing powder, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!