Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Jar of Sunflowers - Stampin' Up! Jar of Flowers

  Today's card definitely has a fall feel to it at least it seems that way to me.  Today though I think we'll be getting our first dose of hot central Virginia summer.  We usually have a few volunteer sunflower plants grow from the bird seed but I don't see any right now.  Maybe the birds weren't as messy as usual?  Even if I don't have the real deal I always have some stamps that work.

  I decided to play along with 2 challenges for this card today as they overlap and it make me feel accomplished!  It's the little things right?  I played with Global Design Project which is to use flowers and the Paper Players have a tic-tac-toe challenge and I used flowers, a die cut and embossing.


    The new Jar of Flowers stamp set and matching punch will be available to customers starting today at around 2pm EST when Stampin' Up!'s ordering system rolls out with the new annual catalog!  Very exciting and fun to have new products to play with.  I like this set because while it is an open image set that gets colored they aren't so big as to take a long time.  If you like to color you'll like the different looks you can get with each bouquet and if coloring isn't your favorite the images are a good size to color without seeming like you're at it for ages.

  I started with a Very Vanilla thick card base topped with a piece of new In Good Taste DSP.  I can't resist a good woodgrain!  Next I die cut (for the challenge) a label from the new Tasteful Labels dies.  I stamped the sentiment from the new Many Mates set in Soft Suede.

  The jar was punched with the Jar punch in the new In Color Misty Moonlight and then embossed it (for the challenge) in the Tin Tile embossing folder.  I sponged the raised pattern with a bit of Night of Navy ink and dug in my ribbon scraps for a bit of twine to tie around the neck.  The jar is popped on dimensionals.

  The flowers are stamped in Memento black onto Very Vanilla.  I colored with a selection of Stampin' Blends markers (listed below) and then fussy cut and popped it up on top of the jar with more dimensionals. 

   Don't forget to check out the new annual Stampin' Up! catalog online later today if you haven't already gotten your paper copy.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Jar of Flowers, Many Mates

Ink: Memento black, Soft Suede, Night of Navy

Blends: Daffodil Delight light & dark, Mango Melody light & dark, Cajun Craze light, Balmy Blue light & dark, Old Olive light & dark, Mossy Meadow light, Bronze, Soft Suede light

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very Vanilla, Misty Moonlight, In Good Taste DSP

Accessories: Jar punch, Tasteful Labels dies, Tin Tile embossing folder, dimensionals, twine (retired)



3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! Congrats on the new catty going live! Your card is so pretty, I just love the pretty bouquet and the tile embossing on the jar. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I love how you pulled some many wonderful textures into your card. that woodgrain background is perfect for your texture jar. So glad you shared it with us at the Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love your jar filled with sunflowers. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!