Friday, June 12, 2020

Christmas Spruce Trees - Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature

  I've hit the bottom of the folder of cards to share.  It was either this Christmas card, a Valentine's day card or another blue bird card.  Since we're technically closer to Christmas than Valentine's day and I know you're tired of seeing blue birds I went with Christmas!

  I've spent quite a lot of time lately stamping as my mom needed some cards so I made some sets for her as well as a set of various cards for an old friend.  I took a few pictures but they are still on the camera waiting to be downloaded and edited.  Maybe that will be on my weekend list.  For now though we are dusting off Christmas.


  So are these pine trees or spruce trees?  I have no idea but since pines get all the attention at Christmas I'm going to call it a spruce to spread the love.

  I started with a Very Vanilla thick base topped with a piece of Wrapped in Plaid DSP.  Then a layer of Shaded Spruce (see it was meant to be a spruce tree!).  On a piece of Very Vanilla I stamped the trees a number of times alternating between full strength ink and stamped off one or 2 times.

  I stamped 2 of the trees in Shaded Spruce and cut them out as well as one stamped in Versamark and then embossed in gold and cut out.  The trees are popped on dimensionals above a strip of Shade Spruce/gold ribbon.

  The sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas is also embossed in gold.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Rooted in Nature, Itty Bitty Christmas

Ink: Shaded Spruce, Versamark

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very Vanilla, Shaded Spruce, Wrapped in Plaid DSP

Accessories: Natures Roots dies, gold embossing powder, dimensionals, Shaded Spruce/gold ribbon (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!