Friday, December 13, 2019

Snowman Gift Card Holder - Stampin' Up! Snowman Season

  I had nothing on my calendar today so I was planning to knock out a quick blog post and get on with lots of little things that need doing around the house.  2 hours after sitting down to do it I've finally gotten to writing the blog post!  I had updated the operating system on my Macbook last night as it's been reminding me to do it for some time and then this morning when I went to edit the photos my little photo editing software didn't work anymore with the OS update.  Boo!  So me being the totally not-tech-savy person that I am I proceeded to figure out how to download an updated version of the editing software and how to do the watermark and then how to save it.  It was a process let me tell you!  I'm sure it took way longer than if I had let my husband or 13 year old do it for me but I wanted it NOW darnit!

  Now that I've shared my saga I feel better!  On to the regularly scheduled program; Gift Card Holders!  My last class of the year made 2 of these as one of my 3 projects.  They used different papers from the Let It Snow DSP than my sample and any papers and stamps can be used. 


  This is honestly one of the easiest gift card holders I've ever made.  I searched around and found some measurements and then altered the design to fit the stamp set that I wanted to use; Snowman Season.

  To start you need a 8.5" x 3.25" piece of cardstock.  You can get 3 gift card holders out of one sheet of regular 8.5 x 11 cardstock.  Then score at 2" and 6" and that's it!


  The sizes of the DSP and Whisper White insert are as follows:

Top Flap DSP - 3 x 1.75
Whisper White insert - 3 x 1.75
Inside DSP - 3 x 2.25

  The smaller sizes of DSP are perfect for using up lots of smaller scraps you've been hoarding this whole time!  Use them up!

  I rounded the edges of the top flap, and both the top flap DSP and insert for a more finished look.  Before you created the pocket for the gift card be sure to use a small circle punch to create the little thumb hole.  Once you adhere the outside edges of the flap down with tear tape to create the pocket you can't get the punch in place.

  The front decorated with a diecut oval to mount the snowman on.  I added some of the Sparkling Crystal Effects and Ice Stampin' Glitter to the bottom portion for some sparkle.  The snowman hat has a cluster of red rhinestones and a little baker's twine bow stands in for a scarf.

  To be able to easily reuse the gift card holder I used little velcro dots for the closure. The finished size is 3.25 x 4. 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snowman Season

Ink: Smoky Slate, Shaded Spruce

Blends: Flirty Flamingo light, Pumpkin Pie light, Pool Party light

Paper: Shaded Spruce, Whisper White, Basic Black, Let It Snow DSP

Accessories: Stitched Shapes dies, snowman punch, Shimmery Crystal Effects, Ice Stampin' Glitter, baker's twine, red rhinestones, dimensionals, small circle punch, corner rounder, velcro dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!