Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Peace in Gold - Stampin' Up! Wrapped in Plaid

  Our tree is up and decorated and some inside decorations have been put up and the plan is to do the outside lights and the rest of the inside decorations this weekend.  We'll see how it goes; hopefully the weather will cooperate!

  For now I've got a sweet little Christmas tree card to share.  The sweet trees in Wrapped in Plaid are just perfect paired with Designer Series Paper from both catalogs.


   The card base is Whisper White thick with some little stars from So Many Stars stamped on the edges in Mint Macaron.  The Itty Bitty Christmas sentiment is embossed in gold.

 I liked how the quilt pattern of the Garden Lane DSP (annual catalog) kind of looks like star points and would be a nice back drop to a tree. The DSP square is backed by a layer of Mint Macaron.  I tied a length of gold cord around and tied a little bow.

  The tree is embossed with gold embossing powder and then punched with the Tree Punch.  I thought leaving it white was a nice contrast to the green of the DSP.  I popped the tree with dimensionals and added a gold foil star cut with the Stitched Stars dies.

 Done and done.  I might have to revisit this design to make the last of the cards I need.  We've already received 2 Christmas cards and I feel behind!  I need to get a quick picture of my boys in front of the tree to include with our cards.  So very behind in this house!!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: So Many Stars, Itty Bitty Christmas, Wrapped in Plaid

Ink: Mint Macaron, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Mint Macaron, Garden Lane DSP, Gold foil

Accessories: gold embossing powder, gold cord, dimensionals, Pine Tree punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!