Monday, January 14, 2019

Little Box of Love - Stampin' Up! Birthday Cheer

  Last week did not go as planned as far as blogging goes!  I had a whole weeks worth of projects to share and then my laptop had a little accidental meeting with some water!  Yikes!  After letting the laptop dry for 3 days I finally turned it back on and crossed my fingers.  I'm so glad that it turned on and seems to work and I haven't noticed any problems.  But since all my photos were stored on the computer I couldn't share any projects during the drying time.  But I'm back now and ready to show some Occasions catalog goodness!


  I was drawn to the new Birthday Cheer stamp set because of the larger bold lined images.  I thought they would be fun to color with my Stampin' Blends and I wasn't wrong.  I didn't even get the coordinating dies though as cool as they are I liked the simplicity of just the stamps.  

  I was looking though my stamps to get a start on a few Valentine's day cards and I decided that the little gift with the heart tag would do nicely.  The card base is Grapefruit Grove with a piece of retired Festive Farmhouse DSP.  I liked the light neutral of the Gray Granite so I decided to stamp my image with that color and then colored in with Stampin' Blends.

  The box is Pool Party, the ribbon is Flirty Flamingo and the heart is Calypso Coral (which is a decent substitute to Grapefruit Grove).  The heart is also overcolored with clear Wink of Stella for a bit of shimmer.  After coloring I fussy cut the box and then popped it up on a Stitched Shapes oval.  

  The bit of confetti is stamped behind the oval and colored in with the various colors and then highlighted with clear Wink of Stella.

  The banners are just bits of ribbon in the colors and then Pool Party sentiment stamped with Itty Bitty Greeting.

  Here's to a week with no water near any electronics!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Birthday Cheer, Itty Bitty Greetings

Ink: Gray Granite

Blends: Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral

Paper: Grapefruit Grove, Whisper White, Pool Party, Festive Farmhouse DSP (retired)

Accessories: Wink of Stella, Stitched Shapes framelits, dimensionals, ribbons






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!