Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Best Catch Celebration - Stampin' Up! Best Catch

  The first thing I added to my preorder 'have to buy' list from the Occasions catalog was the Best Catch fishing themed stamp set.  My husband and dad and to a lesser extent my boys are into fishing so I was happy to have a new set to use for all those guy occasions!

  The set is a nice mix of images along with the Catch of the Day thinlets I know I can make a lot of different cards in the coming year.

 I went with a basic masculine color combo for this first try with the Best Catch set.


  The card base is Mossy Meadow, then a layer of Crumb Cake and then another layer of Mossy Meadow which was embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.

  I stamped the fly stamp on 2 pieces of Wood Textures DSP with Crumb Cake ink.  

  The rectangle is cut with the Stitched Rectangle framelits and stamped the sentiment in Mossy Meadow.

  The fisherman was stamped in Crumb Cake and then I colored him in with ink pads and blender pens and then cut him out and popped him up with dimensionals.

  I cut a plain fly out with the thinlet and then tried my hand at coloring on my own.  I think I should have pulled up some google images to use as inspiration!  I added a bit of linen thread as the fishing line.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Best Catch, Itty Bitty Birthdays

Ink: Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake (and various colors for coloring which I don't remember!)

Paper: Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Wood Textures DSP

Accessories: Catch of the Day thinlets, Stitched Rectangle framelits, linen thread, dimensionals
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!