Wednesday, January 16, 2019

All the Thanks - Stampin' Up! All That You Are

  I pulled my inspiration for today's card from page 3 of the Occasions catalog.  I liked the Balmy Blue background and built my card around the banner and flowers.  Remember you don't need to start from scratch with your own design every time you stamp.  See what parts of a sample project jump out at you and start with that and build up the rest of your card from there.


   I stamped the large flower stamp all over the Balmy Blue card base in the same color ink.  Next I cut a Stitched Rectangle and then used the corner of another Stitched Rectangle to cut the flag/banner shape.  I inked up just the thank you with my Night of Navy marker and stamped it right onto the banner.

  The All That You Are stamp set is made for coloring!  Sure you can stamp on colored cardstock and cut out the blossoms but the lovely open blossoms that aren't too big or too small just scream for some custom coloring with Stampin' Blends!  I stamped a bunch of each size flower in Night of Navy and then colored them in using Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody and Balmy Blue.  Then I cut them out  with the Frosted Bouquet framelits and then clustered them on the banner with a few popped on dimensionals.

  A Night of Navy bakers twine bow at the top finishes off this thank you card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: All That You Are

Ink: Balmy Blue, Night of Navy

Blends: Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Balmy Blue

Paper: Balmy Blue, Whisper White

Accessories: Stitched Rectangles framelits, Frosted Bouquet framelits, baker's twine, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!