Friday, January 4, 2019

All the Flowers Birthday - Stampin' Up! All That You Are - Fab Friday 154

I am still struggling with what day it is no less what year lol!  The only reason I know what's going on today is the fact that it's a Fab Friday challenge day.  Thank goodness for regularly scheduled commitments on my calendar!

I will admit I was slightly stumped when I first saw what the challenge colors were.  Can you say FOUR GREENS??!  Yup.  I pulled the colors and let them sit on my stamping desk overnight and when I went to get started on the card it actually came together pretty quickly.  I think I just needed to give my mind some time to wrap around the different shades.


  Since I'm focused on getting lots of samples made for my Occasions catalog and Sale-a-Bration kickoff next week I wanted to use a new stamp set so I thought the large flower/leaf stamp from All That You Are would be perfect.  Since it had a lot of stems and leaves I could easily work in the greens.


  Us Stampin' Up! demos get a lovely magazine every quarter with lots of samples, class ideas and techniques and I will say I got my inspiration for this card straight from the latest issue.  It's called Stained Glass and it is really easy.  The image is embossed in white onto vellum paper and then you simply color it in on the backside of the embossing.  I used regular markers in our challenge colors.

  I squeezed all 5 colors into the image even though you can't really see the Lemon Lime Twist but it's there in the little tiny flowers that are basically all embossing!

  The image is backed with a piece of the new Gingham Gala DSP in Highland Heather.  This paper will be seeing some heavy use in my stamp room with the look ahead to spring and Easter.  

  I added a bit of Tranquil Tide ribbon across the front and backed the sentiment circle with some Lemon Lime Twist and Mint Macaron greenery using the Frosted Bouquet framelits.

  Head over to check out what the Fab Friday Design Team has come up with for the first challenge of 2019!  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: All That You Are (Occasions)

Ink: Highland Heather

Markers: Highland Heather, Lemon Lime Twist, Mint Macaron, Pear Pizzazz, Tranquil Tide

Paper: Whisper White thick, Gingham Gala DSP (Occasions), vellum, Tranquil Tide, Pear Pizzazz, Lemon Lime Twist

Accessories: white embossing powder, Frosted Bouquet framelits, Tranquil Tide ribbon, circle punches, dimensionals




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!