Thursday, October 11, 2018

Trees & Leaves - Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature

  I have had cause lately to send quite a few thinking of you or sympathy cards so my on hand supply is getting dangerously low.  I decided to re-stock a bit and came across the Paper Players challenge to make a project using trees and leaves.  Easy enough theme for this time of year even if everything is still green around here.  I went with the green theme for my thinking of you card.


  This card started with the panel of embossed Crumb Cake which ended up on my 'card parts' pile after it was rejected from another project.  It's embossed with the Tin Tile embossing folder (my current favorite!) and then lightly sponged with Crumb Cake ink.

  I backed the embossed panel with a bit of Soft Sea Foam and layered that onto a Crumb Cake card base.  I also used Soft Sea Foam to stamp and die cut the 2 leaves on the edge of the main panel.  It's a nice light spring-y green but I think it pairs nicely with the darker Shaded Spruce. I used a bit of narrow Shaded Spruce cardstock to anchor the center of the card.

  For the large oval (cut with the Layering Oval framelits) I stamped the large tree from Rooted in Nature in Crumb Cake then overstamped the sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink and then popped it up with dimensionals.

  The final (and only) adornment is the bit of knotted Nature's twine on the leaf stems.

  I hope I won't be needing to send this one out any time soon but if I must at least I'm prepared!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Rooted in Nature

Ink: Shaded Spruce, Soft Sea Foam, Crumb Cake

Paper: Shaded Spruce, Soft Sea Foam, Crumb Cake, Whisper White

Accessories: Nature's Roots framelits, Tin Tile embossing folder, Layering Oval framelits, Nature's twine, dimensionals



2 comments:

  1. Amanda... absolutely love the backgrounds of your main panel and sentiment...such wonderful detail! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, your background is gorgeous! Love the beautiful tree and the leaves! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!