Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Classic Christmas - Stampin' Up! Lovely as a Tree

  I just realized that the week is half over and my to do list is growing by the hour!  Yikes! And how is Halloween already next week?  My kids want to trick-or-treat (though they are getting close to be being too old in my opinion) and we still need to put together costumes.  It's fun to see them still get excited but it's just one. more. thing.  Onwards and upwards isn't that the saying? Let's start checking things off that list ok?

  Onwards to a Christmas card today.  I really like how this one turned out.  I think the colors and the images are really elegant and classic and the copper gives it some fun sparkle too.


 I pulled my colors straight from the piece of beautiful Joyous Noel Specialty paper.  I love how every sheet has the copper accents on one side; you don't have to be so choosy when cutting into it all!  When I cut this layer there were plenty of the Merry Merlot berries but they ended up all covered by the other layers!

 Mint Macaron is the card base and the layer under the embossed Tin Tile panel.

  The sentiment from the carryover Night in Bethlehem set is embossed in copper onto Merry Merlot cardstock. I layered the back with a strip of copper Joyous Noel Glimmer paper and adhered it across the card front.

  The Lovely As A Tree pine tree is a true classic and never disappoints.  I stamped it twice; once in Shaded Spruce (which I used by mistake instead of Tranquil Tide but it totally works) and in Mint Macaron.  I used a blender pen to pull the green inks from the trunk and then colored the trunk with markers in Crumb Cake and filled in with Soft Suede.

  I fussy cut the trees (takes way less time than you think...don't be put off that this set doesn't have framelits) and then layered them with dimensionals.

  The final detail is the copper glimmer star on the one tree.  The Starlight thinlet set (which carried over from last year's Holiday catalog) has a nice selection of stars for different projects and the little one was just right for my tree.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Night in Bethlehem

Ink: Mint Macaron, Shaded Spruce, Versamark

Markers: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede

Paper: Mint Macaron, Joyous Noel Specialty DSP,  copper Joyous Noel glimmer paper, Whisper White, Merry Merlot

Accessories: Tin Tile embossing folder, copper embossing powder, Starlight thinlets, dimensionals




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!