Friday, October 12, 2018

Caffeinated Halloween - Stampin' Up! Coffee Cafe - Fab Friday 148

Happy Friday stampers!  Do you have your fun weekend plans all organized?  I hope you added some stamping time in so that you can join in with the Fab Friday challenge!  You've got nearly 2 weeks to play along so no excuses!

We have some fun colors this time!



With these colors you could go for the completely obvious Halloween theme like I did or really challenge yourself to a different kind of card!

Since Halloween is on a Wednesday this year I thought it might be appreciated if I sent in a card and a Starbucks gift card to Alex's teacher.  I'm thinking that she might need a big coffee to help her get through the day dealing with a bunch of sugar hungover 5th graders!  And it doesn't hurt that her favorite color is purple!


 
  The card base is Basic Black.  Then a layer of Pumpkin Pie topped with a Whisper White panel embossed with the Corrugated embossing folder.  Then a narrow Pumpkin Pie band across the middle.  Definitely use tear tape when adhering panels or adhering to panels embossed with the Corrugated folder as I didn't find that regular snail worked very well.

  The coffee cup, lid and sleeve are from the Coffee Cafe set which I haven't used in forever but is still super cute.  The cup outline and lid are stamped in Gorgeous Grape on Whisper White and the sleeve is stamped in black on Gorgeous Grape cardstock.  The sleeve is scored to give it that corrugated look.

  On the coffee cup I stamped the only Halloween sentiment I own from Itty Bitty Greetings in black. Next is a little Pumpkin Pie maple leaf from the Colorful Seasons stamp set.  I added a black baker's twine bow to bring a bit more black to the cup.

  For the sentiment I pulled out my Another Wonderful Year and stamped this appreciation greeting in black then punched it out with Everyday Label punch.  We don't have Stampin' Blends in Gorgeous Grape yet but the Highland Heather is a good substitute so I used them to fill in the outline on the sentiment.

  I definitely like these colors but confess that I don't think I could do anything but Halloween with them so I'm looking forward to seeing all the creativity in our Fab Friday gallery.  Check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team cards then play along!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Coffee Cafe, Another Wonderful Year, Colorful Seasons, Itty Bitty Greetings

Ink: Black, Gorgeous Grape, Pumpkin Pie

Blends: Highland Heather - light & dark

Paper: Basic Black, Gorgeous Grape, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White

Accessories: Corrugated embossing folder, Everyday Label punch, Seasonal Layers thinlets, black baker's twine, dimensionals





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!