Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Stamping Projects


My group of stamping ladies got together earlier this past week to make card organizers to get us organized for the start of 2010. We all had a blast and I think everyone enjoyed learning how to make these simple pocketed books and the cards that went along with it.

Thanks to my father in law we were able to bind our books right away and not have to take them to an office supply store for that part. He recently closed down his business and I was the proud inheritor (is that a word??) of some really cool office equipment and other supplies. Among my treasure was a binding machine! Very cool!! I did get a lot of binding spines from my FIL but there weren't any 1 inch white spines in the stash so I just ordered a box of those from a local paper supply company. Now I can make about 90 more card organizers if I want to!


We used the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack found in the Occasions Mini to make our pocketed pages. The ladies had a great time picking out the papers and even had a hard time choosing because all the designs are so pretty in this pack. We embellished the front covers with the coordinating Sweet Pea Stitched Felt pieces. This really made the cover pop and added a lot of interest.


For the 2 cards we made to go along with our organizers we used some new goodies from the Occasions Mini & the Sale-A-Bration as well as my new Big Shot. The first one I choose to do a masculine birthday card as that seems to always be the hardest kind of card for me to make. I can do girlie and little kid with the best of them but guys cards can be hard.

We ran a quarter sheet of Very Vanilla through the Big Shot using the Top Note Die. Then the stack of gifts from the Happy Moments Sale-A-Bration set (FREE!) was stamped with Stazon and water colored with an aquapainter. The "happy birthday" sentiment is only inked once and then stamped 3 times to get the fading color. 2 brads dress up the edges of the Top Note. A few drops of Crystal Effects on the Polka Dot gift finishes this card off. Sweet & Simple for that birthday guy!




Stamps: Happy Moments

Cardstock: Dusty Durango, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla

Ink: Stazon, Not Quite Navy, Bermuda Bay, Dusty Durango

Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note die, brads, Crystal Effects, aquapainter


Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner we had to make a card with the new I {Heart} Hearts set in the Occasions Mini. We also used the new Scallop Trim Border punch (FREE during Sale-A-Bration) along the bottom edge.
The sentiment from Well Scripted (Occasions Mini) was stamped in Close to Cocoa on textured Pretty in Pink cardstock and then punched out with the heart punch and popped up on dimensionals.
A Valentine wouldn't be complete with out some Rose Red ribbon.

Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts, Well Scripted

Cardstock: Kraft, Pretty in Pink (textured), Whisper White

Ink: Close to Cocoa, Rose Red

Accessories: Rose Red grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, Scallop Trim Border Punch

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have a comb binding machine, and I love to see other people make things with them. (It seems like everyone else is using the Bind It All.) I think these are perfect for card organizers, and I love what you've done with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! Hope you don't mind if I case it, I will be working with a group of students over the next 6 weeks to create paper crafts and cards. I thought about doing this, as I bought a similar book from a gift shop recently. I just wasn't sure those bindings would work, but yours looks great. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!