Monday, January 18, 2010

Sweet Cupcake Tags



Last fall I did a craft fair at my son's preschool. It was a bust as far as sales and contacts go but I had fun chatting with the other vendors I was sitting near. One of the ladies I was sitting next to had her own custom cupcake business. She saw a card that I had for sale using the cupcake in the Party Heart set. She asked me to make her a set of tags using the cupcake and the the colors she uses in her business brochures. She wanted to use them on her packaging for her holiday treats.

I colored the cupcake using the Chocolate Chip & Pink Passion markers and then stamped on Whisper White. I used the 11/4" circle punch to punch out the cupcake layer. Then I stamped the frosting again in Pink Passion and cut it out using my paper snips. I added some dazzling diamonds to the frosting and then popped it up on dimensionals. I layered the cupcake on a 13/8" Tempting Turquoise circle and then on top of a Chocolate Chip scalloped circle. A little bit of green embroidery floss and we have a cupcake tag!

Stamps: Party Hearty

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pink Passion

Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise

Accessories: 11/4", 13/8" circle punches, scalloped circle punch, dimensionals, markers, dazzling diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!