Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Merry Christmas---A Little Late!


So I know Christmas is long gone and everyone is looking forward to Valentine's Day & Easter but I just had to put up a quick post of my Christmas card from 2009. I had decided to use Loads of Love way back in July. I just love that cute little truck and had break it out for a Christmas card. I ended up making 100 of these cards so I wanted it to be something fairly easy with few layers.

I stamped the truck in Stazon on watercolor paper then masked the truck and stamped the presents in the back. I colored the presents in with markers and used a reinker and aquapainter for the truck. Then I sat on the couch watching TV (for several nights!) and cut out what seemed like an endless number of little purple trucks! Thanks goodness for my trusty paper snips!

The trees were stamped in Old Olive several times without reinking to get the faded background look. That was done several times to get the forest. Then the trees were spritzed with shimmer mist made from Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol.

The trees were layered on a Rich Razzleberry panel. The truck was adhered in front of the trees and popped up on dimensionals.

Stamps: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories

Ink: Stazon, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry (reinker)

Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, watercolor paper

Accessories: aquapainter, markers, paper snips, dimensionals, Shimmer Paint

1 comment:

  1. Sweet card. I love the way you've layered the trees. It's very effective!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!