Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Guy Valentine (or Birthday or Anniversary!)


Wow! It's been 2 weeks since I've posted a new project. 2 weeks worth of snow and school cancellations here in Virginia really played havoc with my fine tuned schedule! Ha! I really just got back into my stamp room over the weekend and it was to whip out 3 Valentine's Day cards for my husband & 2 boys. I kept thinking I needed to get going on those Valentine's but it just didn't happen until Saturday afternoon. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

My DH is a pretty handy guy around the house and has any number of tools and gadgets that I'm not quite sure what they are used for (he would probably say the same about my stamp room!) so I wanted to use Totally Tool for his Valentine. Anyway...I decided to use some of the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper from the Occasions Mini as my jumping off point for colors (LOVE this paper!). I was trying to go for something other than the "red-pink-all over hearts" look that we've been seeing a lot of the past month. Besides this would be a good birthday card or anniversary card as well....let's not limit ourselves to just V-day right?

The card base is Old Olive textured cardstock. I layered a strip of Sweet Pea DSP and then my panel with the tape measure. The image is stamped in Basic Gray and colored in with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a blender pen. The small strips are just some scraps and I have a lot of those so it's always nice to use them up when I can. The Taken With Teal piece is paper pierced and the So Saffron piece is roughed up on the edges. Simple but sweet!

Stamps: Totally Tool

Ink: Basic Gray

Paper: Old Olive textured, Sweet Pea DSP, Whisper White, So Saffron, Taken With Teal,

Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, blender pen, paper piercer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!