Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vintage Vogue Easel Card - February Stamp Club



I've been seeing a lot of these cards over on Splitcoaststampers and decided I wanted to learn how to make them so I could teach my stamp club this month. This type of card is so much easier than it looks. Just a few score lines and some adhesive and there you have it. Check out the great tutorial for Easel Cards here on Splitcoaststampers.

Once I figured out how to make the base for the Easel Card it was time to play and get something that was "display worthy" for the front of the card. This is a great technique for cards that have cute scenes or gorgeous watercoloring that you want to show off on your desk or on a shelf. Easel cards would be awesome for that person who saves every card you send them and displays them around the house....they can have these cuties propped up everywhere. I think my stamp club was pleasantly surprised also by how easy it was to make.

I chose to use the new Vintage Vogue set (Ocassions Mini) for this one since I thought the images would go well with the spring feel of the colors. I stamped the long border stamp around each of the 4 sides of my Whisper White cardstock (this piece of cardstock is 3.75" x 3.75") in Perfect Plum ink. I also did the "Friends" in Perfect Plum. I accented with the vine stamp in Pale Plum and then added a few flowers stamped in Barely Banana. One of the flowers on the front is popped up on a dimensional and then one is popped up on the base. The Pale Plum base/stand is accented with the new Scallop Trim border punch (Free Sale-A-Bration item) and more vines stamped in Pale Plum.

The final card measures 4.25" x 4.25" and fits into a regular A2 sized envelope when folded down. No need for a special square envie or extra postage.

Stamps: Vintage Vogue (Mini)

Ink: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Barely Banana

Cardstock: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Barely Banana

Accessories: ticket corner punch, Scallop Trim border punch (SAB), dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card! I love the muted colours, it's just lovely. I may be casing this!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!