Friday, February 26, 2010

Good Neighbors Magnetic Memo Clip - February Stamp Club





Here is yet another project using the Sweet Pea Designer Series paper--are you sick of me showing this yet?? =) This one is really easy and fun. I've seen similar flowers to this one on several blogs and in several different galleries but the one I loved most was from Becky Roberts' blog Inking Idaho. See her post here. She is super talented and I always LOVE everything she makes.

I had a whole package of clothespins that I bought for who knows what project (that never got made!) so I thought these clips would be fun to make into a fridge magnet to hold coupons or scrap paper for shopping lists and whatnot. I go through a lot of this type of paper since if I don't have it written down I don't remember it!

We punched out 6 scalloped circles from the Sweet Pea DSP pack and then crumpled and folded--Yes! Crumple and fold that paper all up! And then unfold and smooth it out and crumple again. Do this as many times as you want to get the soft worn look. For this sample I only crumpled once but the more you crumple the softer the edges of the paper become. Then stack your scalloped circles on top of each other and punch a hole in the centers either with the Crop-a-dile or a small hand held circle punch. Attach a jeweled brad through the hole to hold your circles together. Then crumple the top circle up around the brad and continue to do that to the other 5 layers until they fluff up how you'd like them to be.

The front of the clothespin is covered in a small scrap of DSP. This one is about 3/8" wide and
3 1/3" long. It is adhered using SNAIL. The flower is attached to the clothespin using a few glue dots. The magnets are small pieces snipped from a larger roll. There is already adhesive on the magnets so they are just pressed to the back of the clothespin.

For the memo paper I just cut strips of regular old copy paper because we all know that we're not going to waste good cardstock to write down the grocery list! This inferior (!) paper was stamped with the new Sale-A-Bration set Good Neighbors to match the colors in the DSP. I apologize for my photographs....the glare from the fridge, the 1.5 year old tugging on my leg while taking the picture and my camera were all working against me getting a decent shot of the whole memo clip & paper. But I'm sure you get the idea!



I thought that not only would this make a cool project to keep for oneself but would be a nice "Welcome to the Neighborhood" gift for a new neighbor. You could include your phone number, the local take out food places, and any other numbers that a new neighbor might need when they join a neighborhood.

Stamps: Good Neighbor

Ink: So Saffron, Old Olive, Taken With Teal

Paper: Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pack, copier paper

Accessories: circle scallop punch, jeweled brad, clothespin, glue dots, self-adhesive magnet strip

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!