Saturday, September 7, 2024

Autumn Wedding - Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Hexagons

   I'm off to a wedding today so I needed to get a card made for it.  I don't do too many wedding cards these days so it was fun to pull out some supplies and come up with a design that used some of the bride's colors and of course a nice fall theme!


  It's hard to see in the photo but I used the new Birch Wood embossing folder for the Very Vanilla background.  It's a nice natural/organic texture and worked perfectly for my fall theme.  I wrapped a lit of retired Very Vanilla ribbon around the embossed panel before adhering it.  The ribbon has a nice sheen to it in real life.

  Next I used the Wildflower Designs dies to cut the frame and inner panel in Night of Navy (one of the brides colors).  Using the Heartfelt Hexagon stamp set and punch I stamped the frame in Night of Navy and then the words in Versamark before heat embossing with copper embossing powder and then punching it out.

  I used 2 die sets to cut out all the leaves and twigs that are tucked behind the hexagon.  The copper leaves and the Early Espresso twigs use the Autumn Leaves dies and then Very Vanilla sprigs are cut with the Textured Floral dies.  The whole leaf/twig/hexagon thing is popped on dimensionals.  It's quite a thick card but since it's being hand delivered I didn't need to worry about it making it through the mail!

  Finally a few retired Elegant Faceted Gems are sprinkled around the card front.  I thought this champagne color matched the copper foil nicely to tie it together.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Heartfelt Hexagons (Online Exclusive)

Ink: Night of Navy, Versamark

Paper: Very Vanilla, Night of Navy, Early Espresso, Copper foil (retired)

Accessories: Birch Wood embossing folder, Wildflower Designs dies, Heartfelt Hexagon punch (Online Exclusive), Autumn Leaves dies, Textured Floral dies, dimensionals, copper embossing powder, Very Vanilla ribbon (retired), Elegant Faceted Gems (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!