Thursday, March 7, 2024

Rainy Day Bunny - Stampin' Up! Playing in the Rain

    At the end of every catalog period I look back at some stamp sets that maybe haven't gotten as much love as when they were brand new and feel a bit guilty that I haven't made more of an effort to ink them up.  But then I have to remind myself there are only so many hours in a day and while I would love to spend even more time stamping than I already do sometimes it's just not possible to make as many cards as I had hoped.  We are getting to the end of the 2023-2024 Stampin' Up! Annual catalog as well as the Jan.-April mini catalog so I've got double the products that I want to use and what seems like less time to use them!  So I'm taking every chance I can to use some older sets for (maybe) one last hurrah!

  The Playing in the Rain stamp set and dies are still super cute as we start to look at spring and spring themed cards.  The current challenge at The Paper Players challenge has "Rainy Days" as the theme right now so it's a perfect time to use this stamp set.


  I used a bit of the retired DSP that coordinated with this set called Rain or Shine Specialty DSP to line the lefthand side of the card front.  The little rainy sky paired nicely with the larger sheet of cloud paper from the Sale-a-bration DSP Sunny Days.

  The bunny is stamped then colored with Stampin' Blends on a die cut circle.

  I added a few banners to one side in Shaded Spruce to frame the space for the sentiment from the Perennial Postage stamp set which I fussy cut and popped on dimensionals.

  A Pool Party puddle brings some balance to the left side of the circle.  Both puddles and the stamped rain drops around the bunny are colored over with clear Wink of Stella.

  A bit of retired Crushed Curry baker's twine and some retired milky dots finish off the details on this rainy day spring card.

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Playing in the Rain, Perennial Postage

Ink: Memento black, Pool Party

Blends: Daffodil Delight light & dark, Pool Party light & dark, Flirty Flamingo light, Crumb Cake light

Paper: Shaded Spruce, Basic White, Pool Party, Rain or Shine Specialty DSP, Sunny Days DSP (retired SAB)

Accessories: Playing in the Rain dies, Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals, Wink of Stella, Crushed Curry baker's twine (retired), Milky Dots (retired)




3 comments:

  1. Your little bunny playing in the rain is so adorable! I love the mix of DSP and the little bow is precious! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Amanda that eternal problem - so many stamp sets, so little time lol! So sweet to see you gave your bunny an airing - very dashing in her yellow mackintosh too! Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, this is darling! your post is also a good reminder to look at those sets on the shelf that could use a little more ink. I know I have more than a few. How do we get more hours in the day? Because I'd like to get in on that. Haha! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!