Thursday, March 28, 2024

Jaguar Graduation - Stampin' Up! Cap & Gown

   The sketch challenge over at Global Design Project inspired me to ink up the Cap & Gown stamp set for the first time!  I bought this stamp set back in the demonstrator preorder for the Jan.-April mini catalog and it's just been sitting on my desk ever since just waiting for springtime and graduation season!  I probably should have played around with it before now seeing as I have a high school senior with a graduation fast approaching but better late than never!

  My kids high school colors are black and teal (and the mascot is the Jaguar) so I couldn't get rid of all my retired Bermuda Bay supplies since I knew I would need them for a few years at least! My card base is Coastal Cabana and I stamped the larger of the caps all over in Bermuda Bay ink.  I liked the longer rectangle panel on the sketch as it seemed like a good place to start with the longer gown stamp so I stamped that in Memento black along with the smaller cap image.  

  Under the cap and gown I added a strip of retired (see a pattern?? lol!) Bermuda Bay glimmer paper.  On the lower corner I added the sentiment on dimensionals and then embellished that area with the '24 cut with the Alphabet a la Mode dies and a stamped and fussy cut diploma.

  I'll probably end up sending this to one of my sons' guy friends so I left off any ribbon or extra sparkle.

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased from my ONLINE STORE.  Items marked with a * will be retiring on April 30, 2024.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Cap & Gown*

Ink: Memento Black, Bermuda Bay (retired)

Paper: Basic White, Coastal Cabana, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay Glimmer paper (retired)

Accessories: dimensionals, Alphabet a la Mode dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!