Saturday, December 11, 2021

Frosty Tree - Stampin' Up! Whimsical Trees

   My card today is playing along with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge (of which I took a small liberty with where I placed my sentiment).  I liked this layout a lot because I don't tend to use the landscape orientation nearly as much as portrait so I need to be reminded that I can indeed turn my card base and design the long way too!


  I made this blue and white card to show off the pattern of Beauty of the Earth DSP that I had almost forgot about!  When I got this pack of paper over the summer I was really focusing on using the summer and fall patterns and this one with the kind of frosted pine tree look got set aside "until it was closer to Christmas".  And here are almost at Christmas and I just cut into it now! Story of my stamping life!

  The white layers on this card are Shimmery white so it's got a nice subtle sheen to it that doesn't pick up in the photo.  The dots on the tree are made with the retired Illuminate ink we had a few years ago.  I was pleasantly surprised that my pad was still juicy when I opened it.

  The retired Winter Snow embossing folder gives a nice texture to the bottom of the card and some iridescent sequins, adhesive pearls and crinkled seam binding ribbon finish off the details.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Whimsical Trees, Holly Jolly Wishes

Ink: Misty Moonlight, Illuminate (retired)

Paper: Misty Moonlight, Shimmery White, Beauty of the Earth DSP

Accessories: Christmas Trees dies, crinkled seam binding ribbon, Winter Snow embossing folder (retired), sequins, pears, dimensionals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!