Saturday, December 18, 2021

Friendly Birthday Wishes - Stampin' Up! Friendly Hello

  I rewarded myself for finishing my Christmas cards the other day with some stamping time getting to play around with some new products that will be out on January 4.  I used the the sketch challenge at Global Design Project for this sweet birthday card.


  I haven't done any watercoloring in a long time (probably because it isn't one of my strengths lol!) and the images in this set are perfect for it and even make my limited skills look ok!  They are from Friendly Hello which will be one of the new Sale-a-Bration rewards! I first embossed the images in black on watercolor paper.  Then using brushes and inks I colored the images and then fussy cut them.

  The sentiment is also embossed and I arranged the flowers and bird around the sentiment strip to go with the sketch.  The background paper is another Sale-a-Bration choice called Sunshine & Rainbows 6x6 DSP. I also added a narrow strip of Granny Apple Green to the edge to bring more of that color to card. 

  The final touch are a few Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels sprinkled around the sentiment. These are in the upcoming January-June Mini catalog also coming in January.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Friendly Hello (SAB)

Ink: Versamark, Fresh Freesia, Granny Apple Green, Petal Pink

Paper: Basic White thick, Granny Apple Green, Sunshine & Rainbows DSP (SAB), watercolor paper

Accessories: Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!