Monday, May 24, 2021

Squares in Seaglass - Stampin' Up! All Squared Away

  A quick post to share a card for a challenge before it closes in few hours.  I started this one last Friday but didn't have time to finish it until today.  The colors over at the Color Throwdown are just gorgeous.  They are perfect sea glass colors as represented by their challenge logo.  I'm a huge beachcomber when we are at the beach and I'm always looking down to see what I can find.  I've got a pretty big sea glass collection but nothing yet in these beautiful colors.  I'll keep looking!  They've called the colors Aqua, Ice Blue and Pale Green.  I've translated those into Stampin' Up! Balmy Blue, Soft Sea Foam and Pool Party.

  The All Squared Up bundle was a great way to show off these colors as backgrounds.


  I started with a Balmy Blue base and then added a piece of embossed Whisper White that I had in my card parts pile.  This is the new embossing folder called Bark which gives a nice tree bark like texture.

  Next I stamped my backgrounds in each of the three colors.  Then I cut out the square flower panels in Whisper White and adhered them to the colored backgrounds.  I used the individual flower dies to cut out the flowers in more Whisper White and then embossed them with the retired Subtle embossing folder for a little bit of texture to make the flowers stand out since it was white on white. 

  The squares are adhered to the background panel with the Pool Party one being popped on dimensionals.  

 The sentiment from Biggest Wish is stamped in Versmark, embossed in white and then fussy cut.  It is also popped up with dimensionals.

  I didn't have any ribbon that really went with this card so I left it off and just colored 2 small adhesive pearls with Blends markers to highlight the flower centers instead.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: All Square Away, Biggest Wish

Ink: Balmy Blue, Soft Sea Foam, Pool Party, Versamark

Blends: Balmy Blue dark, Pool Party dark

Paper: Balmy Blue, Whisper White

Accessories: Floral Square dies, Bark embossing folder, Subtle embossing folder (retired), pearls, dimensionals, white embossing powder, corner rounder



1 comment:

  1. Love this Amanda- not only for those beautiful layered squares, but the colours too. You're right they are reminiscent of sea glass; they reminded me of water too - although I went with dragonflies for my card. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!