Monday, May 3, 2021

Etched for Spring - Stampin' Up! Etched in Nature

   The dogs wore themselves out early this morning so I've got a few minutes to blog!  Now if only I could find a few more minutes to actually stamp!

  I made this card a few weeks back to share as part of a virtual swap during a Stampin' Up! online demonstrator event.  As part of the registration fee we received the Etched in Nature stamp set (coming tomorrow in the new Annual Catalog!!) and everyone was to make a card with it and share it during the event.


  I wanted to use some of the new In Colors to go along with the set so I got to work with 3 of the 5 of the colors; Fresh Freesia, Pale Papaya, and Soft Succulent.

  I started with a Soft Succulent base and stamped the branch/sprig in the same color ink.  I stamped it once more onto Whisper White and then cut it out with the Stitched So Sweetly dies.  I colored it in with my Pale Papaya and Soft Succulent Blends markers.  I backed it with a piece of Pale Papaya and added some new Open Weave ribbon in the same color.  Before adhering it to the card front I cut a vellum doily in half and added it to the back of the rectangle.

  The butterfly was stamped in Fresh Freesia and blends were used to add a bit more color to the details and then I fussy cut it and popped with dimensionals.  I colored a few adhesive pearls with the Soft Succulent Blends and added them to the butterfly body.  I wanted to use the new In Color faceted gems but I could not for the life of me find them on my desk!  I uncovered them a few days later in a bin next to my desk where they had fallen.  Clearly its time to tidy up!

  Finally, the sentiment is stamped in Fresh Freesia and die cut with the Tasteful Labels dies and popped to the side of the bow with dimensionals.

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Etched in Nature

Ink: Soft Succulent, Fresh Freesia

Blends: Soft Succulent,  Fresh Freesia, Pale Papaya

Paper: Soft Succulent, Pale Papaya, Whisper White

Accessories: Stitched So Sweetly dies, Tasteful Label dies, vellum doily, pearls, dimensionals, Open Weave ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!