Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Hats Off to Fishermen - Stampin' Up! Hats Off

   After a few masculine challenges lately I realized I didn't have much in the way of guy stamps so I 'needed' to order some stamps to change that.  Yes, stamps are a need in this house! The new Hats Off bundle fits the bill....get it bill...on the hat... it's like a dad joke on a stamping blog! Anyway, I had a fun time using this bundle along with a few challenges to make a Father's Day card.

  My colors come from the Global Design Project; Pale Papaya, Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen. And the layout is from Inspire. Create. Challenges It seemed like the perfect match because this card came together super fast.


  The card base which can't be seen in the photo is Soft Succulent and then a layer of the 2021-2023 In Color DSP in a nice Evening Evergreen plaid pattern.  Next is a panel of Whisper White embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.

  The hat is stamped in Evening Evergreen onto Soft Succulent cardstock.  The die does a great job making all the little stitched lines which is a fantastic detail.  Then I used my Evening Evergreen marker to ink up just the outline of the stamp with the sunrise/sunset and stamped it on Whisper White.  I cut it out and added the stitching detail with the coordinating dies.  And then added the Pale Papaya fish to the patch. I love that this die set some with some extra shapes to help you personalize the hats even more.  The finished hat is popped on dimensionals.

  The sentiment is stamped in Evening Evergreen on a narrow strip of Pale Papaya and adhered under the hat.  I cut out a few more fish and added them as well. 

  I know the Hats Off bundle will be seeing a lot of use in my stamp room with all the customizing that can be done.  Just think of all the sports team color combinations!  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hats Off

Ink: Evening Evergreen

Paper: 2021-2023 In Color DSP, Whisper White, Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen, Pale Papaya

Accessories: Hat Builder dies, Tasteful Textile embossing folder, dimensionals 




1 comment:

  1. Great use of the colors ... love that hat stamp ... congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!