Monday, November 16, 2020

Santa Squirrels - Stampin' Up! Banner Year

   I made sure I had some stamping time over the weekend and played along with a few challenges.  I love doing challenges as it makes me have a starting point for a card idea as well as looking at my stamps to maybe use them in a way I hadn't thought of before.  

  I used the Tic Tac Toe Challenge for my card today.  There are so many fun combos you can choose from that you could easily do a card for each line!  I used the "Plaid, Snow, Critter" down line.  I don't have any sets that have Christmas critters so I made do with the cute squirrel from Banner Year.

  I started with a Misty Moonlight base and then a layer of Plaid Tidings DSP in a nice blue/red(pink?) combo.  Then a scalloped square in Misty Moonlight embossed with the Winter Snow embossing folder.

  I had these 3 stitched squares already cut and in my card parts pile from a design that didn't work out so I thought they would be a good base for my 3 stamped squirrels.  I used Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Gray Granite.  Each square is popped on dimensionals.  The Santa hats are stamped in Real Red and then fussy cut.

  I also had the snowflakes from the So Many Snowflakes dies already cut so they fit nicely in the open space on the larger square.  I used a Seaside Spray faceted gem and a Misty Moonlight enamel dot for the the centers.

  The sentiment from Perfectly Plaid is stamped in Misty Moonlight and then cut apart and adhered with mini dimensionals.

  Plaid - check. Snow - check. Critter - check.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Banner Year, Perfectly Plaid

Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Gray Granite, Real Red, Misty Moonlight

Paper: Misty Moonlight, Whisper White, Plaid Tiding DSP

Accessories: Layering Squares dies, So Many Snowflakes dies, Stitched Shapes dies, dimensionals, faceted gen, enamel dot




1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! This is so cute....I have not stamped that little squirrel very much this season, but seeing this makes me want to run to my craft room and get him inky! Adorable! Thanks for playing Tic Tac Toe with us this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!